Sunday, May 27, 2007

Sunny CA Days


It's a beautiful sunny CA day today, at least it is inland. The coast may be gray today. That's one thing you learn out here as a resident, the weather at the beaches can be completely different from a few miles inland. Ahhh, CA. Your famed mild weather has won over countless numbers of people. It's been nice, but for us, it's never been the end all be all selling point. We both made our way out here seperately and found one another. We've loved our time here, we've enjoyed the weather and we will always be grateful. Yes, that's right everyone. We have enjoyed the mild year round days that is Southern CA. For everyone that has grappled with our news of leaving and felt we have somehow betrayed their personal love of sunny CA and made it a point to ask "But aren't you going to miss the weather?" I say to you all, "Not that much.". It's nice but it's not for me. I'm a seasons girl. I need a change of weather. I miss having 2 different wardrobes. I yearn for a white Christmas. I long for a thunderstorm! Give me variation!!
I'm sure there will be days, especially as the winter months drag on, I will sigh and admit my sunny CA would be a nice place to be at that moment. But it will pass. And I will move on. Thank you CA for embracing us. Thank you for your mild weather and loads of sunshine you've showered upon us. But do not be sad for us. We choose to leave and we will have no regrets for doing so. Never.

"There are no regrets in life, just lessons."
Jennifer Aniston


1 comment:

Erika said...

What a thoughtful entry. That would be the only thing that would make me sad about leaving CA - but then, I've also never lived in that weather so I can't say how that would affect me. I would really be bummed to have a warm Christmas though. So I totally understand.