Monday, May 28, 2007

College Life

My SIL had this on her blog and I had time to kill while making dinner...

College: Freshman year - Mt. St. Mary's College
The Rest - University of MD College Park

When you attended, where did you live?
Year 1: Pangborn Hall 1st floor (MSM)
Year 2: Washington Hall w/ my bro for a month and then finally got a room over in Hagerstown Hall for the rest of the semester
Year 3: 2115 Washington Hall
Year 4: 2115 Washington Hall
Year 4.5: 2115 Washington Hall

Who was/were your roommate(s)?
Year 1 - 1st semester Gianna 2nd semester by myself
Year 2 - my bro and his 4 rugby playing roomies and then Chrissie
Year 3 - Aimee, Vanessa, Sarah, Susie, ?
Year 4 - Aimee, Vanessa, Sarah, Jean, Chrissie
Year 4.5 - Vanessa, Sarah, Julie..........I didn't spend much time there and I can't remember names right now?!

Do you still talk to them?
I still talk to Aimee, Vanessa, Sarah and Jean

Ever get in trouble in the dorms?
I'm not recalling anything so I must not have ;)


Something you remember when you lived on campus?
- Walking to class in the pouring rain. My first semester there it rained every wednesday. no joke!
- Going down to the convience store to buy cookie dough. YUM.
- rotissere chicken and oatmeal rasin cookies in the dining hall. they were my favorites
- walking to the dining hall in your pjs on the weekends
- drinking on the roof with Jean
- drinking way too much most of the time
- working at the Chapel
- tailgates
- always having my girls for support


phone number?
don't remember that but I do remember how the phone would ring 2 different ways. One kind for off campus calls and one kind when someone would call you on campus.

First party attended?
Freshman year that first weekend was like one giant party.

Favorite Pizza Place?
Papa John's for sure

Favorite place to go out to eat?
the resturant on campus that you could use your meal points for. I forgot it's name but we went there often.

Did you go to the library?
Sometimes

What was your Favorite Floor you'd always be on?
2115 Washington Hall

Where did you buy your books?
Maryland Book Exchange!

Play any sports?
no

Ever attend a sporting event?
All the time! I always went to the tailgates for football games but didn't always make it in to the games!

In any clubs?
no

Ever attend a concert or comedic performance?
We had this thing for going to watch the acapella groups when they'd do concerts. They were good!

Favorite professor?
I can't remember her name but she was one of my family studies professors and I just loved to listen to her talk. She was really into what she was teaching.

Have you ever spent the night on campus not in a residence?
no

Favorite night to go out on, and where did you go?
I went out most nights. I knew the specials for each day of the week at all the bars.


Where did you get coffee?

Starbucks

Favorite Year of Halloween?
The year us roomies got all dressed up and went to go to some club in D.C b/c one of my roomies said they were having a Halloween thing and when we got down there everyone was goth and we were the only idiots dressed up so we left.

Favorite memory?
There are so many of them. Honestly. I had a wonderful college experience.

Go see a play or been in one?
watched but never in

Ever have a job?
I was a chapel assistant on weekends. I would set up and supervise the chapel when they had weddings there which was every weekend. I enjoyed it.


What do you hate about your college?
Parking

What did you love most about it?
I loved the fact that I was there. I knew college was something not everyone had the opportunity to do and I was grateful I was there and learning so much. And I loved the friends I made. I met some of the greatest people and am honored to still call them friends.

Where would you believe is the best location to live in?

definately on campus.

Graduated or still attending?
Graduated

Year of graduation?
Dec 2000


Will you go back?
I've been back for sporting events but since I've been out here I haven't. I'm so looking forward to going back again!

How many parking tickets have you gotten there?
I got a few in my day! But I've heard worst stories.

No comments: