Saturday, June 2, 2007

Two Dozen Pink Roses and a Dora Balloon

Thursday was my last day of work. I have to admit I was a little sad while I was getting ready that day. I had worked at M.D. just shy of three years. Eventhough that doesn't seem like a long time, it composed most of my time out here in CA. And it was the place where I met some of the best people I've had the honor of calling my friends.
As I walked into work my desk was decorated with streamers and balloons and there was a giant Dora the Explorer balloon floating above my chair. Spread across my desk were cards, gifts and a beautiful vase of 2 dozen of the prettiest, aromatic pink roses. I was so touched that my coworkers did this for me! The day continued with a potluck and lots of well wishes for my future and expressed sadness of my departure.
When I left at the end of the day carrying out my box of things and Dora in tow I had a smile on my face. I had closed another chapter in my life and I was looking forward to the new part of the journey about to begin. Saying goodbye is never easy but this goodbye was wonderful. I feel so blessed to have had this experience in my life. I will always have great memories and had the opportunity to know such wonderful people.

Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. ~Henry David Thoreau

1 comment:

Erika said...

Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end. :)

Caroline would have swiped that Dora balloon faster than you could say "Swiper, NO SWIPING!"